Monday, January 08, 2007

What? So Soon?



Yes indeed blogger friends; two for the price of one today. It will be short and the picture is stellar isn't it.

Today, at Waterford (my -one of two places of employment- for those of you unfamiliar) I had a shocker. To test the program, the games, activities, and their associated code, they have a testing rack. This consists of 150 or so computers of various sizes and computational capabilities all running "the product" non-stop, playing every possible iteration of a game or whatever, in search of a piece of code that will send it into a spiraling crash of doom (or, as in one case which ended in termination, the search of easter eggs). So these noisemakers are running non-stop and are on my route to the men's room. Today, after enjoying some clear thinking time, I walked back to my desk, enjoying the lovely animations or science facts or counting songs. All of a sudden, Loony Tunes style, I stopped on one foot and looked to my left. I looked a little closer. Sure enough, there was my Dad with my Niece and Nephew learning about food groups, in my Sister's home none the less. I knew my Pa had done some stuff for them, as well as my young and talented Niece and Nephew, but to just see them pop up, it's like seeing a movie star or someone famous. You can't really believe its them, but it is. Kind of Trippy.

So today's picture may not seem stellar to all, but I love the Spiral Jetty so much that any time I can reminisce, I will.

1 comment:

napalmbrain said...

It took me two or three reads through that email to figure out that you hadn't traversed the veil. Evidence of my sub-par reading skills.