Thursday, May 10, 2007

Looking Up Every Once In A While


I was downtown tonight at the Library watching a movie with a friend. She works downtown and walked to the library and I was on my bike so we walked to her work and she gave me a ride home. We were walking at a rather casual pace, really in no hurry to be anywhere, and I took the time to notice my City. The most shocking - in terms of beauty, awe, and what the heck was I thinking not doing this before - was standing at the base of a large building and looking up. I had never in my life looked at a building in that perspective before and it took me aback. Some were virtuosoily symmetrical, while others had interesting variances and bisecting lines and designs. The really high ones blew me away. You could look up and see a base too big to absorb and above you could see the tip vanishing to a pinky. This is the first time I have truly grasped the giganticness of my hometown skyscrapers.

Toblogs photo - Joshua Tree. Three Days and still no Peter. It is so so sad. One of the saddest situations in my life.

1 comment:

napalmbrain said...

How does that pork rinder keep his fat ass on that skinny little piece of webbing?