Thursday, May 24, 2007

Joshua Tree 07 Revisited






Well, it's time to recount the magical week that was Joshua Tree. Because there is so much I want to say and tell, I am going to practice my short succinct paragraphs so as not to create a blog novel and bore everyone to death.

The wildlife was abundant. We had three rabbits that came every day around dinner time to vacuum our crumbs. They were adorable little bunnies and made an excellent meal on Friday night. Just kidding, but one did come so close to me I could have cuddled with it. Highlight: A bobcat decided to take respite from the sun under a tree a mere meters from our campsite. We naturally quietly sprang into action with cameras of all sorts. Many good pics were taken and fun was had by all in this zoological observation.

Speaking of science, Braden and Taylor decided to pass the hot hours by performing various camp challenges. One of these challenges was to distill their own urine to get clean drinking water using only a black garbage bag, two ziplock baggies, 2 feet of duct tape and any natural items found in the desert. Neither of them were terribly successful, but many, many wonderful things were learned.

Speaking of learning we are no closer to the problem of whether or not you can move a sphere of water while suspended inside.

Speaking of being suspended, the climbing was stellar as always. It was hot hot hot so we only climbed like 3 or so routes in the mornings and then ran to our shade structure for relief and food. Nothing really out of the ordinary here just good old Joshua Tree Climbing.

Speaking of good, the food was excellent. If I may toot my own horn, the pizza I made was completely above average. It was rich and delicious with a crust able to lube a car. Other highlights included a French Bread pasta bake thing, a soup full of everything, vegetarian tacos (insert dirty joke here), an extremely large cookie, and premade curry.

I think that's good enough for now.

2 comments:

Chosen One said...

Who's that hot guy wearing the white t-shirt?!

napalmbrain said...

I'm so sad just about every time I think about ol' J-Tree this year. btw, A Happy Burthday