Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Devil Went Down To SLC


I went climbing last weekend up in Little Cottonwood Canyon in Salt Lake City. I was atop the first pitch of our climb belaying the second when I heard a faint fiddle coming down the canyon road. I looked to the West to see what it was. The make of car was unclear from 1,000 ft up, but I am betting on a convertible Chrysler LeBaron, but it was screaming down the canyon blasting The Devil Went Down To Georgia by The Charlie Daniels Band. If you haven't heard this track I highly recommend that you download or at least sample it. It is a classic in wild and crazy fiddle playing. It was totally awesome to hear this obscure beauty go screaming by.

Toblog's photo: 2.5 weeks to Joshua Tree '07 - Peter, Please!!!!

1 comment:

napalmbrain said...

Problem #3: I'm kind of in financial dire straits at the moment, what with that sumbitch Bush in the White House.