Friday, December 01, 2006

Mild autism


So my slight autistic tendencies were stroked today as I noticed something that makes me happy for reasons that make me a little uncomfortable. I saw the first "P" license plate, as in 565 PAA. I have always had some sort of savant thing with license plates. In high school I knew just about every kid's license plate number. I would look at the license plate before the head of the driver in search of recognition if I saw a familiar looking car. It is a weird obsession I have, I just notice license plates. Braden: UDN (I mostly only remember the letters, that is a part of my autisim) Sam: 402 HBJ (the letters stuck on that one) Darren: WCL, Pete: NXN, Naysahn: CVN, Jon: DRK, Lauren: JUM, Seth: LBS, Joelle: LXN I could go on and on.
The P license plate struck me more than usual for a noticing of the changing of main letter (I usually get very excited and smile a lot and tell people all about how I saw the new license letter as they give sympaythy "Great"'s ). They skipped "O". They went from the Pete generation of N and went straight to P. They also skipped M, I and I think B. The Dept. of transportation seems to have somethig up their sleeve. That makes four seemingly unrelated letters left out of the license plate rotation. Why skip these letters? The mystery is enough to warrant some research. This troubles me more than you may think (I am severly troubled right now because I can't remember Erica's license plate and I wanted to list it above. This is really frustrating me to an alarming degree. Erica, if you read this, email me your license plate #).
But all said and done, I am just excited to see P driving around.
The photo today is the first picture I took with my new camera, which I am terribly excited about.

No comments: